Dust the gold off you fingers, mate.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

All of Us

This is for all you lovers out there,

This is for all who have hate.

This goes out to all who give

and can bear

to give more than they can take

I’m pouring out my heart,

Baby.

Bleeding for the world

a lifetime’s work of art.

Maybe.

A story to be told

Someones got to give it a go

let their fellow earthlings know

that from time to time

we all lose our minds

and can’t find a place to call home

Although we are running

with no where to go

Your never alone, baby

never alone

perhaps the fact that

6 billion feel the same way

on days like today

can atone

and you’ll know

that your never alone, love

never alone.

Perhaps you’ll remember

that night in september

or november december

whatever is was...

You had no worries

sitting with friends

the snow came in flurries

and you felt in the end

perhaps life was fair

and drank in deep gulps

of cold winter air.

Darling I’ve laid it all

out here in these words

for the long hall

I hope, and I pray,

but in the end these are

still just words and

I fear, my Dear,

that they may not be heard.

You see,

baby

in trying times

these rhyming lines

may lose their strength

in literary confines.

Well, in the end and all and all

When push comes to shove

and fate comes to call

all I can do is

take a deep breath

unswallow my pride

and say four comforting words

to myself in a molasses sigh.

At least I’ve tried.

At least I’ve tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment